[asterisk-users] Extension status as XML for an Aastra 57i

Jeremy Winder jwinder at logicalsi.com
Tue Jun 30 15:17:43 CDT 2009

I'm in the process of converting our current hybrid key system to
Asterisk and Aastra 57i phones. One of the features that seems to be a
show stopper for almost everyone in the office is the inability to see
who is on the phone. Can someone point in the right direction to setup
an XML app on the phone so they can press a soft-button and get a list
of extensions and their statuses? I know I can use BLF and the line 2-4
buttons; but there are a lot more then 3 other people working here and
I'm planning on using those of parking lots.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm an Asterisk noob learning as
fast as I can.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy