[asterisk-users] Calling non-extension numbers issue

Kayton Sapale ksapale at speartek.com
Mon Jun 29 08:49:06 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so apologies if I have not included all details
about the issue.  I am using a Nokia e71 to connect to a corporate
asterisk server and am having issue with dialing.  I can dial all
extensions and receive all types of incoming calls.  I cannot however,
dial local phone numbers.  When putting the service into debug, it
appears that the device does not enter into configuration when
attempting to dial numbers that are not extensions.

The assumption being made here is that the device is the issue, as other
devices - softphones, cell phones and other internet phones - do not
have this same issue.  Has anyone had similar issues and some guidance
on where to find a solution.  Our admin and I are both searching for
solutions, as we are both stuck on the problem.

We are currently running asterisk version 1.4.18.1

Thanks!