[asterisk-users] External PRI Appliance

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Jun 27 10:02:33 CDT 2009

Darrin said that he has an Asterisk setup in the Cayman Islands connected to the PSTN with a PRI from a local provider.  It’s the part about “switch[ing the line remotely” that I don’t understand.  Does line refer to PRI, his internet connection, or internal network cabling?  If he’s looking for greater HA on the PRI side, one extreme would be getting a second PRI from the provider over a diverse path from another central office and tie it into a separate gateway.  If he’s looking for great HA on the Internet side, he needs to get internet service from another ISP over a diverse path into a second router, etc.  If he’s looking for greater HA on the Asterisk side, he needs to look into building a second Asterisk box, etc.

He talks about improving HA, but just talks about the Redfone.

Frank