[asterisk-users] format_mp3.so in 1.6.1

Noah Engelberth noah at directlinkcomputers.com
Fri Jun 26 11:51:59 CDT 2009

I have been trying to get format_mp3 to work in 1.6.1.1 (addons 1.6.1.0) to
no avail; Asterisk seems to find the file and try to start playing back the
.slin conversion of the mp3 file, but fails.  These files work correctly
with addons 1.6.0.0 against asterisk 1.6.0.9.  Any suggestions as to where I
should start looking?  I have confirmed that the format_mp3.so module is
loaded), but even after I have made a call in that should have triggered the
format_mp3.so module to playback the MP3 file in question, format_mp3.so is
reporting that it has been used 0 times since asterisk was started.

Noah Engelberth

Direct Link Computer Systems