[asterisk-users] T38 Fax Gateway for Asterisk 1.6

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 11:12:17 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:10 AM, James Lamanna<jlamanna at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I remember seeing a T38 Gateway application for Asterisk 1.6 floating
> around, but I can't seem to find it again.
> Does anyone have any pointers to it? I really want to be able to send
> an incoming T38 connection directly to the PSTN.

I've seen a number of similar requests. Can somebody explain the
use-case to me?

So you've got some kindof phone media gateway running asterisk, that
terminates PSTN.
And you've got something inside the media gateway pushing T38. What's
generating the T38?
Why wouldn't you just SendFax() on your phone media gateway asterisk
system straight onto the PSTN?