[asterisk-users] Calls dropping

John Regal jregal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 20:55:38 CDT 2009

Hi,
I am using a call file formated like this:
Channel: local/12125557891 at outbound/n
Callerid: 12125551212
Context: detect
Extension: s
This sends the call into the dialplan at the [outbound] context. In
[outbound], I have:
[outbound]
exten => _1.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@flowroute,43)
If the call is answered, it move on to the [detect] context.

When using this method, it appears that the call file creates the first part
of the call, then creates a second call with the Dial() app. Once the call
executed by the Dial() app is answered, the two calls are joined together.
What I am experiencing is that sometime the first part of the call drops and
therefore is never joined to the second part of the call. I see errors like
this:
  == Spawn extension (outbound, 12125557891, 1) exited non-zero on
'Local/12125557891 at outbound-8392;2'
[Jun 25 15:58:09] ERROR[7272]: pbx.c:8637 device_state_cb: Received invalid
event that had no device IE
[Jun 25 15:58:09] ERROR[7272]: app_queue.c:810 device_state_cb: Received
invalid event that had no device IE

I am running Asterisk 1.6.1.1
If more info is needed, please let me know.
Thanks for the help!