[asterisk-users] hotdesk and voicemail

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Thu Jun 25 04:40:42 CDT 2009

We have several types of phones,

cisco 7940/7960
aastra 55i/9113i/
grandstream gxp2010

I want to be able to implement hotdesking where an agent will logon to
any phone. I got all of that working, without having to reboot phones,
but then hit a brick wall.

Voicemail.

I still want each phone to use the BLF for voicemail indication, and to
use the "voicemail button" to dial voicemail directly. Is it possible to
do this dynamically, or will I have to rewrite the phone config and reboot ?

The issue I have with rebooting is that the cisco's take so bloody long
to reboot (mainly waiting around at the VLAN) that it is unusable. Does
anyone have any solutions to make the VLAN problem go away ? We don't
use cisco switches.

TIA

Julian