[asterisk-users] GUI for Asterisk

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Jun 24 16:41:34 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 05:01:04PM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
>
> > In FreePBX there are whatever_custom.conf files that are not touched when
> > changes are made in the GUI.
>
> The _custom file is not touched. But it is merely part of the
> configuration file. And what if you want the luser to be able to
> configure things from the GUI? That luser that does not know how to
> manually fix the _custom.conf file?
>
> --
>                Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com<jabber%3Atzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

And your point being?  Mountain, molehill.

Did I not address what the OP was asking????  They can add SIP clients, VM,
or whatever changes when a company hires a new employee via the GUI.  It
also does not change the underlying hand-made configurations.

sip_custom.conf
extensions_custom.conf

Done and done.

Please re-read to be clear......

 *"I wonder if there is a GUI that does not change the underlying hand-made
configuration ?!

What I'm looking for actually is a GUI for adding a new SIP-client +
voicemail, so that a company does not have to call me when they hired a new
employee.

I don't want a GUI that over-writes my hand-made SIP-configuration, and my
hand-made dialplan."
*
*Jonas. *

--