[asterisk-users] 1000Hz kernel

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:22:03 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Alex Samad<alex at samad.com.au> wrote:
> Is recompiling the kernel to the 1000Hz going to be beneficial to me,
> the box is primarily used for firewall router / voip (Asterisk)

I could be wrong, but I think the 1000Hz suggestion specifically
refers to trying to do audio mixing, as in MeetMe() and the
dahdi_dummy module. I think I noticed an improvement with dahdi_dummy
audio mixing when using the 1000Hz versus 250.

You wouldn't have known about this suggestion if you had never read
that page, and asterisk will still run. I would call that particular
suggestion a 'best practice', rather than a 'must do'.