[asterisk-users] Minimizing downtime during updates

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:56:58 CDT 2009

"Dave Fullerton" <dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com> wrote:
> You can also just grab and un-tar the sound files by hand from:
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/sounds/

Good point because the MOH files would need to be bulled down manually if
you want to minimize downtime AND you choose to offer wideband MOH tracks to
calling parties (and perhaps other native codecs).  It is my observation
that "make sounds" target does not fetch those MOH tracks (as I would have
expected), rather they are only fetched during 'make install', (increasing
downtime).

Does anyone know if there is in fact a distinct target in the makefile that
pulls these down, and if not, why they're not pulled down as a matter of
course with "make sounds" if specified in makefile.makeopts.

-Karl