[asterisk-users] PRI cause code discrepancy

Steve Casto stevec1 at cox.net
Tue Jun 23 10:53:36 CDT 2009

Steve Casto escribió:
>/ I am trying to retrieve the cause code of a outgoing call over a PRI
/>/ where the number called is out of service. When an out service number is
/>/ called I get  a recording that the number dialed is not a working
/>/ number. I see cause code 1 in in the CLI as soon as the call is dialed
/>/ the Telco recording goes on for 30 sec. then hangs up. Any idea on how
/>/ retrieve info that the called number is is out of service. My
/>/ understanding is cause code 1 is an  unallocated number.
/>/ thanks
/>/ Steve Casto
/>/   Asterisk 1.4.21.1
/>/
/>/   -- Executing [17609199147 at admin3 <http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users>:1] Dial("SIP/Bob-00aaf150",
/>/ "Zap/G1/17609199147||g") in new stack
/>/     -- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
/>/     -- Called G1/17609199147
/>/     -- Zap/23-1 is proceeding passing it to SIP/Bob-00aaf150
/>/     -- PROGRESS with cause code 1 received
/>/     -- Zap/23-1 is making progress passing it to SIP/Bob-00aaf150
/>/     -- Channel 0/23, span 1 got hangup, cause 102
/>/     -- Hungup 'Zap/23-1'
/>/   == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
/>/ in new stack
/>/   == Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/Bob-00aaf150' status is 'CHANUNAVAIL'
/>/
/>/ from extensions.conf
/>/ exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/G1/${EXTEN},,g)
/>/ exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,n,NoOp(${HANGUPCAUSE})
/>/
/>/ from zapata.conf
/>/
/>>/ context=pri
/>>/ group=1
/>>/ switchtype=national
/>>/ signalling = pri_cpe
/>>/ priindication = outofband
/>>/ channel =>1-23
/>>/
/>/
/>/
/I never saw a PRI behave that way with a "progress with cause X", but I
think that's to be able to reproduce the message. On all the PRI's I had
the change to manage, if a number was unallocated the telco side would
*request a hangup *with cause code X. That would leave you with a
inmediate response that can be easily retrieved on ${HANGUPCAUSE} as you
have in your dialplan. You can ask your telco to change the behavior to
hangup with the corresponding cause code as you don't need to hear the
message (if you still need your users to hear something, you can
playback an appropiate internal message or tones depending on the hangup
cause received).

On the other hand, have you tried changing the switchtype from national
to euroisdn? It may help if your telco uses that type of switches,
because the call setup info varies a little on each configuration.

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología

Thanks for the replay Miguel,
Looking at PRI debug I see a 2ed cause code being sent by the Telco after the
"Number you dialed is not a working ....." recording, cause code 102. This over writes
the first cause code 1. Thats why on hangup HANGUPCAUSE is set to 102. I am talking to
the Telco to see if they can do something about this. Also reading through the archives
on the subject of PRI & disconnected numbers I found a lot of discrepancy on how there
handled and the cause codes sent.

Steve Casto