[asterisk-users] Meetme Talker Optimization

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 09:58:45 CDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 8:15 PM, John A. Sullivan
III<jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com> wrote:
> Hello, all.  I've been playing with MeetMe and talker optimization
> seemed like a great idea.  I activated it as follows:
> exten => 201,1,MeetMe(100201,cTo)
> No one can hear the talker.  It doesn't matter how loudly the talker
> shouts! Is there something else I'm supposed to do to enable this? I am

Assuming that you don't have any other problems, as in a call between
these parties outside of meetme, like with a Bridge() works just fine,
you could have some problems specific to optimization. Specifically,
look at dsp.conf and try tuning your silence threshold. If this is SIP
I also recommend disabling vad / silence suppression.

In my experience, I had a lot of trouble with talker optimization and
I turned it off completely. If you read the archives from the last few
weeks you'll see further pointers I made on this topic, as well as
links to a lengthy bugs.digium.com discussion on talker optimization.