[asterisk-users] Strange res_config_odbc error messages in 1.6.1.1

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Jun 22 08:57:40 CDT 2009

Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> writes:

> Looks like you're using a widevarchar column, which is something I didn't plan
> for.  It should be in SVN shortly, however.  On the regseconds, it's a typo in
> the code (UINTEGER4 should be INTEGER4).

I have:
column type (-9) unrecognized for column 'name'

but:
`name` varchar(80) collate utf8_danish_ci NOT NULL,

Now, this being MySQL, it is likely to do things I cannot possibly
imagine, but it looks to me like 'name' is a regular varchar.

Is it possible the the problem is related to the use of the MySQL ODBC
connector version 5.1.x instead of 5.0.x?

/Benny