[asterisk-users] Realtime extensions

Andrew Nowrot andrew.nowrot at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 01:51:18 CDT 2009

Hi

I am having a problem with extension matching in asterisk (I am using
asterisk 1.6.0.6). Is there a difference between extensions matching
in realtime architecture and extensions matching in extensions.conf
file.

For example when I have these two extensions:

-- _0699[134]XXXXX
-- _06[069]XXXXXXX

that are in the database and number 0699123123 comes in asterisk will
always choose exten _06[069]XXXXXXX
and when they are in the extensions.conf file asterisk always choose
exten _0699[134]XXXXX.

My question is why? Is it my misconfiguration or that's how it works.

Cheers
Andrew