[asterisk-users] Nobody picked up in 20000 ms

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:13:09 CDT 2009

On 06/21/09 11:52, Steve Totaro wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Joseph <syscon780 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 06/21/09 11:05, Steve Totaro wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>> >When watching the CLI does it take 20 seconds before the "Nobody Picked
>> up"
>> >line to appear?
>> >
>> >If so, I suspect the problem is with the phone, maybe a feature like
>> >forwarding or DND.
>> >

>> No, it does not wait 20sec. after the first ring it goes directly to
>> voicemail (so a second or two).
>> The strange part is that when I call the same extensions from PSTN line it
>> rings 20 sec. so about 3 or 4 rings; it only happens when I try to call
>> internally
>> from one extension to another.
>> The extensions that are only effected are on one Sipura unit (two
>> extensions) other sipura units ring just fine. So one might think that the
>> Sipura unit is
>> defective but it rings OK when call comes from PSTN line (another sipura
>> unit).
>>
>> --
>> Joseph
>>

>Still strange that Asterisk would report that there was no answer in the
>designated amount of time.
>
>Check the firmware versions.  Maybe an upgrade or factory reset might fix
>it.
>
>If not.
>
>I would switch phone configs with a  working one and see if it still does
>the same thing.

I'll try to switch units but first I want to downgrade the asterisk version first.
The strange part that not only Sipura units are effected, I have one Digium iaxy units and it acts in the same way, after the first ring the calls goes to
voicemail; and I tried calling from good working Sipura unit, IP phone, same behavior.
And yes, I tried to reset it, restart asterisk etc.

--
Joseph