[asterisk-users] How run AsyncAGI commands in background

Jose Arias cyr2242 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 05:32:01 CDT 2009

Hi Moy,

I'm using an asterisk 1.4.18 from scratch patched with the last AsyncAGI
patch, which fixes a bug about stopping AsyncAGI applications, as may be
you can recall from the thread [asterisk-users] async agi question in
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2009-April/230488.html.

This patched asterisk works fine and it stops the async agi applications
launched from the AsyncAGI loop before the Redirect as it's expected.
It's for that I don't think stopping the mixmonitor application launched
from the AsyncAGI loop would be a bug if I redirect the call. I would be
only getting the same behavior than I got with the stream file
application as you explained it should be at
http://www.moythreads.com/wordpress/2007/12/24/asterisk-asynchronous-agi/#comment-365

I'm only asking if there's any way to prevent stopping applications
launched on a channel from the AsyncAGI loop if this channel is
redirected afterward, with something like a
continue_running_in_background flag in the previous AGI invocation from
AMI. Of course, it bring us the problem we'll need some kind of
identifier and some stop action to be able to stop those applications
running in background launched from the AsyncAGI loop

Anyway, as you asked me some days ago, I have published at
http://docs.google.com/View?id=ahfnfrcrh3rr_4dkcx9dgw a simple
configuration and a simple scenario in order you can try to reproduce
what I'm saying.

I don't need anyone to do anything for me. I'm willing to do the work, I
like programming and trying new things as well, but I'll need some
guidelines to go straight ahead.

Thanks all
Jose