[asterisk-users] snom mass deploy help

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Thu Jun 18 22:08:32 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 02:21:47PM +0200, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> > On Jun 18, 2009, at 7:25 AM, Alex Samad <alex at samad.com.au> wrote:
> >> I am trying to setup asterisk to do a mass deploy of some snom
> >> phones. I
> >> can't find where i configure asteriks to listen to the multicast
> >> address, nor where to set the notify reply.
> >>
> >> I was hoping to not have to use dhcp options
>
> Alex Balashov schrieb:
> > I thought TFTP (and therefore, DHCP option 66) is the only
> > autoprovisioning method Asterisk supports?
>
> Asterisk is not involved here at all.
> Snom supports what they call "PnP config".
> Technically:
> ---cut---
> # SIP Event Notification:
> #   http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3265
> # SIP UA Profile Event Package:
> #   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-15
> #   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-channabasappa-sipping-app-profile-type-03
> #
> # Snom 3xx:
> #   http://wiki.snom.com/SIP_Traces#PnP_Config
>
> # other drafts:
> #   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrie-sip-config-framework-01
> #   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/drafts/sip/draft-schulzrinne-sip-config-events-00.txt
> ---cut---
>
> Gemeinschaft (Asterisk-based open-source PBX) comes with a SIP UA
> config responder.
>
> http://www.amooma.de/gemeinschaft/
> https://svn.amooma.com/gemeinschaft/trunk/opt/gemeinschaft/sbin/gs-sip-ua-config-responder/gs-sip-ua-config-responder

I saw links to this on the voip-info site, but my german is non
existant. but on first glance through this seems to be what I want.

--
"I always jest to people, the Oval Office is the kind of place where people stand outside, they're getting ready to come in and tell me what for, and they walk in and get overwhelmed in the atmosphere, and they say, man, you're looking pretty."

	- George W. Bush
11/04/2004
Washington, DC