[asterisk-users] snom mass deploy help

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Thu Jun 18 22:05:46 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:57:20PM +0200, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> Alex Samad schrieb:
>
> > seems like the documentation from snom for V7, includes the pnp method
> > as well. it sends a subscribe to a multicast address (224.0.1.75) and the listener is
> > meant to respond with a notify which has the url which is normally sent
> > my dhcp, i was hoping to use that
>
> > I think I would prefer this method, but I can't find where to set
> > asterisk to listen to the multicast address nor where to program the
> > notify reply
>
> I have already told you that Asterisk is not involved in the process
> of configuring the phone.

sorry go the replies after I had sent the email

> In order to use Snom's PnP configuration method you have to write a
> daemon which opens a socket on 224.0.1.75 (sip.mcast.net), join the
> multicast group, read packets and send appropriate "ua-profile"
> notification events.

This is not what I had hopped for, I had hoped it was something asterisk
could handle

> Have a look at the code I mentioned to get the idea.

I will have a look

--
"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe I believe what I believe is right."

	- George W. Bush
07/22/2001
Rome, Italy