[asterisk-users] snom mass deploy help

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Thu Jun 18 16:32:17 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 07:34:38AM -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
> I thought TFTP (and therefore, DHCP option 66) is the only
> autoprovisioning method Asterisk supports?

seems like the documentation from snom for V7, includes the pnp method
as well. it sends a subscribe to a multicast address (224.0.1.75) and the listener is
meant to respond with a notify which has the url which is normally sent
my dhcp, i was hoping to use that

this links talks a bit about multicast
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SIP+registrar+server

I think I would prefer this method, but I can't find where to set
asterisk to listen to the multicast address nor where to program the
notify reply

Alex