[asterisk-users] asterisk-gui: read/write in the conf files ordb

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Jun 18 15:59:48 CDT 2009

Here's the .05 tour as I know it:
Every Asterisk installation reads /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf and
/etc/extconfig.conf at startup.  Once these files are parsed, the remaining
IO is done based off of how these two files point.

When you run the GUI, it does a series of AMI calls to get it's information
and do it's "under the covers" work.  What is does is exactly what would
happen if you issued the AMI commands from telnet or any other source.

So in so many words, Asterisk will (hopefully) do what you tell it in the
.conf files and any supporting database tables.