[asterisk-users] Voicemail Password

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Jun 18 13:19:04 CDT 2009

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Darrin Henshaw wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to force the voicemail password for users to
> be of a certain length? We've setup operator=yes within our
> voicemail.conf and want to have the users use a long password to prevent
> possible guessing by external parties. I'm not seeing any such option in
> my research. If it doesn't exist it might be a decent feature. Thanks.

Sounds like a cool feature. I started looking into it, checking out
voicemail.conf (1.2) to get an idea of a good name to call the parameter
and I found this:

; If you need to have an external program, i.e. /usr/bin/myapp called when
; a voicemail password is changed, uncomment this:
externpass=/usr/bin/myapp

Who knew?

Thanks in advance,