[asterisk-users] Wideband (G722) MeetMe

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Thu Jun 18 08:13:56 CDT 2009

--Original Message Text---
From: Doken, Serhad
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:07:12 -0700

Hi,

I wanted to follow up on this thread about WB support on the MeetMe
bridge that is in 1.6.2. Does it only work for G722 or any WB codec ?

I am working with another 16k WB codec that I can transcode to 722 and
vice versa. I was curious if the 1.6.2 MeetMe bridge can also mix 722
with any other WB codec natively(without downscaling).

Thanks,

Serhad Doken

While not an expert in Asterisk internal, it seems unlikely that
Asterisk is mixing signals in encoded space. It's most likely
converting the stream to slin for mixing then encoding back into
whatever is most appropriate for each end-point.

Michael

--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com