[asterisk-users] Asterisk on AVR32

Paulo Santos paulo.r.santos at sapo.pt
Thu Jun 18 05:08:38 CDT 2009

Greetings everyone,

I'm trying to compile asterisk for an AVR32 (Atmel NGW100).
Buildroot for AVR32 already has the asterisk package, though it has
bugs. Firstly it tries to apply a patch for 1.2 on a 1.6, but deleting
the contents of the patch file did the trick.

Now, the problem is making asterisk. The first error is because asterisk
needed to be ./configure:ed.

Trying to just do ./configure, make gives an error [1].

Trying to do ./configure with the same args as make plus --host it can't
even configure [2]

I don't know much about cross-compiling, or even regular compiling for
that matter. Does any one have any idea on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Paulo Santos

[1]
menuselect/menuselect --check-deps   menuselect.makeopts
/bin/bash: menuselect/menuselect: cannot execute binary file
make[1]: *** [menuselect.makeopts] Error 126
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/psantos/br/buildroot-avr32-v2.3.0/build_avr32/asterisk-1.6.0-beta6'
make: ***
[/home/psantos/br/buildroot-avr32-v2.3.0/build_avr32/asterisk-1.6.0-beta6/asterisk]
Error 2

[2]
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
     If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `CROSS_ARCH=Linux':
machine `CROSS_ARCH=Linux' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/bash ./config.sub CROSS_ARCH=Linux failed