[asterisk-users] Incoming SIP and the 's' extension

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 01:29:43 CDT 2009

Your ITSP is giving you the DNIS digits.  You have to match them in your
dialplan.

What if your ITSP routed calls from FIFTY different numbers to your switch?
How would you differetntiate between them if they all just routed to the S
extension?  That's why the paradigm is based on passing and matching digits.
Otherwise you'd need fifty contexts/registrations.  Number X routes to
Jimmy, Y to Johnny, Z to customer service queue.  Outbound calls starting
with *67 block the outgoing caller ID.
See what I mean?
-Karl