[asterisk-users] Asterisks, Sip to Local PRI/PTSN issue

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Wed Jun 17 15:38:32 CDT 2009

James A. Shigley wrote:
<snip>

> The odd thing is that I can send the call down one of my other PRI ports
> to our Amtelco Infinity system. (via exten=>
> 9819213,1,Dial(${inf}/409${EXTEN}). I've tried everything I can think of
> and googled for a good while trying to find an explanation for "got
> hangup, cause 50". What is cause 50?

<snip>

According to these sites:
http://www.quintum.com/support/xplatform/ivr_acct/webhelp/Disconnect_Cause_Codes.htm
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/11_0/debug/command/reference/disdn.html

Cause code 50 is:
Requested facility not subscribed - The remote equipment supports the
requested supplementary service by subscription only.

I don't know what that really means, sorry. It could be a setting with
your switchtype or pridialplan in chan_dahdi.conf. Or, it could be
something's not set up right on the telco side.

-Dave