[asterisk-users] Debug: how to print a variable?

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Wed Jun 17 08:03:25 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Is it possible to display or print variables in Asterisk (e.g. in the
CLI) for debugging purposes?

For example, I'm using two different types of SIP phones: the Snom M3
and the Siemens S675IP. However, when anonymous callers submit a
number to the PrivacyManager, only the Siemens displays the new CID
correctly; the Snom shows "unknown" (even though the new CID looks
okay in the database). That's as opposed to when the CID is visible to
begin with, in which case both phones display the CID correctly.

For this reason it seems to me that there is a difference between a
normal CID and the one generated by the PrivacyManager. If I knew what
that difference was, perhaps I could correct it with some more
scripting, but I don't know of any way to display such variables. In
this case I believe the relevant variable to display is
"${CALLERID(num)}".

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jaap