[asterisk-users] MP3 File Play In Read application

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Jun 17 07:10:29 CDT 2009

DHAVAL INDRODIYA wrote:
> how can  play mp3 file in dialplan with READ application which also play
> file and collecting digits from user
>
> and also i know about MP3Player but it cannot take digits

You should convert the MP3 to a native format (ulaw, gsm, wav, etc...) and let
Asterisk play that with the Read() application. MP3's are not a great method for
prompts, and are only supported in certain scenarios with Asterisk.

Here is a thread I found while googling that seems to have the information you need:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-March/144695.html

--
Leif Madsen.
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk