[asterisk-users] modifying CID for different trunks

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Jun 17 06:59:02 CDT 2009

Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy wrote:

> 2009/6/17 Oguzhan Kayhan <oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
> <mailto:oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr>>
>
>     Hi,
>     I have 2 trunks connected to my asterisk installation.
>     One is a inbound connection between ericsson pbx  and the other is
>     thru a
>     voip service.
>
>     I am using 4 digit numbers both in ericsson and asterisk..
>     And also i have full real prefix for that numbers..
>     As all 290XXXX are real numbers and if smbody dials 290XXXX from outside
>     XXXX starts to ring without a problem.
>
>     Now.. My problem is, from asterisk side, both ericsson and trunk are
>     outside trunks..
>     So.. if i dont enter any Caller ID for an extension, 4 digit caller
>     id(internal CID) is sent to both trunks.. This is waht i want for
>     ericsson
>     trunk but not the other one..
>     So, how can i modify CID for a single trunk, so if i dial ericsson i can
>     use 4 digit one, and if i dial other trunk i can add smthing like 290 to
>     all outgoing CID data..
>

> Hello, you can try to do a Set(${Callerid(num)}=290XXX) before call if
> you are using asterisk 1.2 the $var is different, search wiki. Tell us
> if it works for you. Also your provider need to acept your number, so be
> sure he is.
> Have a good day.

Make sure you are actually setting it as:

Set(CALLERID(num)=290XXXX)

The previous poster has the formatting incorrect. If your callerID is a 4 digit
number, and you want to modify it to have the prefix on it before you send it
back out, you can do:

Set(CALLERID(num)=290${CALLERID(num)})

Alternatively you could make the 290 a variable, then set it prior to calling
the Set() application if you needed the prefix to be set based upon some logic.

Hope that helps!

--
Leif Madsen.
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk