[asterisk-users] Function IMPORT

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed Jun 17 03:45:54 CDT 2009

2009/6/15 Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>

> On Monday 15 June 2009 04:03:48 am Olivier wrote:
> > I've just discovered IMPORT function existence.
> > It can be use to import values from channel's Variable section but
> > unfortunately, il can't be use to access to values from Info section
> > (I'm referring here to sections Info and Variables dumped by DumpChan
> > application).
>
> You're mistaken.
>
> > Is there a way to work around this and access from one channel for
> instance
> > to another channel's CallerIDNum variable ?
>
> ${IMPORT(SIP/foo-abcd1234,CALLERID(num))} works fine.

Yes, you're right, this works fine.

The reason why I was wrong is because I closely followed DumpChan output
like this :
- DumpChan output is :
Dumping Info For Channel: SIP/7530-082f6160:
Info:
Name=               SIP/7530-082f6160
Type=               SIP
UniqueID=           1245227926.4
CallerIDNum=        7530
CallerIDName=       Michele
DNIDDigits=         7531
RDNIS=              (N/A)

I then tried :
${IMPORT(SIP/7530-082f6160,CallerIDNum)} which fails

Maybe, it should be preferable to teach DumpChan to output data like this :

Dumping Info For Channel: SIP/7530-082f6160:
Info:
Name=               SIP/7530-082f6160
Type=               SIP
UniqueID=           1245227926.4