[asterisk-users] modifying CID for different trunks

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Wed Jun 17 02:22:32 CDT 2009

Hi,
I have 2 trunks connected to my asterisk installation.
One is a inbound connection between ericsson pbx  and the other is thru a
voip service.

I am using 4 digit numbers both in ericsson and asterisk..
And also i have full real prefix for that numbers..
As all 290XXXX are real numbers and if smbody dials 290XXXX from outside
XXXX starts to ring without a problem.

Now.. My problem is, from asterisk side, both ericsson and trunk are
outside trunks..
So.. if i dont enter any Caller ID for an extension, 4 digit caller
id(internal CID) is sent to both trunks.. This is waht i want for ericsson
trunk but not the other one..
So, how can i modify CID for a single trunk, so if i dial ericsson i can
use 4 digit one, and if i dial other trunk i can add smthing like 290 to
all outgoing CID data..