[asterisk-users] missing chan_dahdi.o in debian asterisk 1.4.x

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Tue Jun 16 16:16:53 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 08:06:57AM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Alex Samad wrote:
>
> > some question I have now is when i do a dahdi show channel 1 i get these
> > interesting results
> >
> > Echo Cancellation:
> > 	128 taps
> > 	currently OFF
> > I have a hardware echo can and I have asked for it to be turned on !

that makes sense, I think the confusion here is that the documentation
has lots of stuff on the software ec, but not much on the hardware ones

for example to use the hardware echo can do I leave echocanceller blank
in /etc/dahdi/system.conf ?

Why doesn't dahd_cfg -vv show up the hardware ec

> This is nothing new; the echo canceller on a channel is not enabled
> unless the channel is in an active call and the call hasn't caused it to
> be disabled (via tones). If you are looking at a channel that is
> inactive, this is exactly what you will see.
>
> > Default law: ulaw
> >
> > I have a alaw:1-4 in the conf file, but it doesn't seem to take
>
> That is not valid syntax for /etc/dahdi/system.conf, correct syntax
> would be 'alaw=1-4'.

typo in the email, I actually had alaw=1-4

> > my last bug bear (maybe bug) is
> >
> >  core show translation
> >          Translation times between formats (in microseconds) for one
> > second of data
> >           Source Format (Rows) Destination Format (Columns)
>
> Note the phrase "(in microseconds)" here. This behavior has changed from
> Asterisk 1.4, and is documented in the documentation that came with
> Asterisk 1.6. If you haven't read the CHANGES and UPGRADE files
> thoroughly, you are spending time trying to understand things (assuming
> they are problems) that you don't need to spend.

very true

> > Something is I think going askew
>
> It sounds like you are trying to do a major upgrade without actually
> taking the time to learn what has changed and what that will require you
> to do. That's really very important, which is why we spend time writing
> that documentation in the first place :-)

yes that is true, but its a home system, I will do work after falling
over the pitfalls at home.

--
Just when you think "Life's a Bitch", it has puppies.