[asterisk-users] Newbie, Question on making a PSTN call..

Cary Fitch caryf at usawide.net
Tue Jun 16 01:20:26 CDT 2009

I understand the desire to try, but you are trying too hard.  Getting a soft
modem to work with Asterisk is. like trying to push a string up a 10 foot
pipe.

At the least, buy an inexpensive FXO device from someone like Grandstream
and use it via Ethernet to work with Asterisk.  If you have greater
ambitions, buy any appropriate piece of hardware and start with that.

Otherwise, "You are going to have a lot of string in that pipe, before you
see any come out the top."

You won't get help on this because no one really knows how to do it or if it
will work at all.

I am trying to help, by getting you to try a better way.

Good luck.

Cary Fitch

  _____