[asterisk-users] sending sip info messages

Karsten Schubotz Karstenvip at gmx.de
Fri Jun 12 10:15:43 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I`m searching for a special solution to send text messages inside Sip info packets, that are normally used for dtmf signalization. So far I’m able to exchange sip Info messages between two softphones which are connected directly together (only over a Switch).
By connecting both Softphones on the asterisk pbx, registration is ok and the voice interconnection is also fine.
During the call, when I start sending a sip info message to my remote station, first the asterisk receives it and then sends back a sip status message:

Asterisk doesn’t relay the info message to my remote station.

In the sip.conf file I changed the dtmfmode from “auto” to “info” but without any improvements.
In the “Allow:…” line of the received status message there is no “INFO” entry. Perhaps could this be the reason why asterisk don’t forwards the info message to my remote station, and if so, how can I change asterisk configuration to allow info messages?

Thank you very much for some help!

Regards
Karsten

--
GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss