[asterisk-users] Help building dahdi for debian

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jun 12 09:40:16 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:58:51PM +1000, Alex Samad wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am in the process of installing a new box and using dahdi. I have a
> tdm410 + hardware echo canceller.
>
> I have just read in the read me for dadhi that VPMADT032  support has
> been removed and unlike with the zaptel stuff i could just download and
> install the firmware I can't with dahdi

What do you mean? I suspect that the following patch:

http://patch-tracking.debian.net/patch/series/view/dahdi-linux/1:2.2.0~dfsg~rc5-1/no_firmware_download

BTW: legal purity aside, downloading an external source at build time is
generally a big no-no for a build server on Debian. Thus this
downloading breaks my intention to get the modules distributed in the
distribution as part of linux-modules-2.6 package (which includes all
sorts of external modules).

If you're not using those packages (and build at a place with internet
connectivity) you should have no problem.

Which is the case for you?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com