[asterisk-users] Problems with ReceiveFAX (asterisk 1.6.0.3 and t38)

srinivas Antarvedi srinivas.antarvedi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 23:11:06 CDT 2009

Hello users,

have been facing problems with t38 passthrough using
asterisk 1.6.0.3.

observed also that in case of  SendFAX we are not having
major issues, its almost successfull.

ReceiveFAX has problems most of the time.

we have been using a ringcentral account for testing this
receivefax.

so ringcentral is trying for 3 times if the sending fax failed for
the first time.

what i observed is that for the first two attempts it failing
with the ""UNEXPECTED MESSAGE RECEIVED"" and the last time
it was successfull .

and the above scenario is not always replicatable and some
times its failing completely(3rd attempt also fails)

i have the tcpdump's .cap files so if anybody want to look at them too
i can send.i tried to send along with this mail but the mail was rejected may
be because of exceeding the attachment size.

Any help is appreciable

Thanks and regards
Srinivas Antarvedi