[asterisk-users] SIP hacked connection?

Paul Redstone paul.redstone at solica.com
Thu Jun 11 14:30:20 CDT 2009

Hi

Running 1.2.26 BRI stuffed. Calls made via PSTN via ISDN interface (Junghanns).

SIP ports mapped through firewall as we often connect from outside, but all SIP accounts have good passwords.

However our telecoms provider picked up a few suspicious calls to places we do not normally call at times we do not often call.

Looking at Asterisk logs it shows SIP session from the internet connected in and making calls with account IDs we do not recognise - definitely none of ours.

Very few calls have been made this way, trivial cost, but it is slightly worrying.

Anyone any ideas on how this could be happening?

Thank

Paul