[asterisk-users] Automatic Calling Feature?

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 12:47:05 CDT 2009

Right now, my organization is using a commercial service (OneCallNow.com),
that gives telephone notifications to all numbers in a predefined list.
Example:

-Admin records a voice message
-Service calls each number in the list, and plays the message back to them

It's a pretty handy service, albeit a bit pricey. I've been wondering if
Asterisk could do this for me? I don't really want to have to write scripts,
but it would be great if it's already a feature.

I don't have an Asterisk PBX running yet, but when I do it will probably
have multiple T1 PRI lines, making it possible to dial all these numbers
(100+) in a reasonable amount of time.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

--
Christopher Stamper