[asterisk-users] T38 support

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Wed Jun 10 12:06:29 CDT 2009

Thomas Kenyon escribió:
> Jay Ray wrote:
>
>> Does asterisk support T38 passthrough now? What version onwards?
>>

> I thought it came in at 1.6.0 .

T.38 passthrough was introduced in 1.4. On 1.6.X, asterisk supports T.38
fax sending and receiving too (I think it's called app_fax).

>> ANy ideas on how to configure it for a host?
>>

> There are lots of guides to this on t'internet.

Basically, (in 1.4, didn't try yet on 1.6.X) you need to enable the
udptl support for SIP (sip.conf), so asterisk recognizes the T.38
streams and does the passthrough to your final equipment. For the exact
configuration parameters for a host, google is your friend :)

Cheers,

Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología
Millenium Phone Center