[asterisk-users] voicemail

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Jun 9 10:32:01 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 14:04 +0000, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> "Has anyone patched the voicemail app such that inside/outside messages
> are CLEARLY supported", i.e. they have menu options for recording inside
> and outside greetings, and the app can accept some form of argument
> specifying an inside or outside call?
>
> This is something that is pretty standard on PBX systems, and I have been
> beaten up about it again this morning.  Just wondering if anyone had taken
> the time to make such a patch.

I'm not aware of any such patch, but I was wondering if another approach
would be to support multiple languages in busy/unavailable prompts.  You
could then set CHANNEL(language)=outside for outside callers before
calling the VoiceMail application to get the proper prompts.  (Of
course, the approach makes it much more difficult to record and manage
said prompts, but it does have the added benefit of supporting messages
in a variety of languages.)

Anyway, just my 2 cents (before taxes)...

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager