[asterisk-users] chan_dahdi missing in * 1.6.1.1

Steve Repo scmuser at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 00:31:39 CDT 2009

>> What is the magic to compile chan_dahdi.so in asterisk 1.6.1.x?  I'm
>> on centos 5.3.
>>
>> Also, asterisk 1.4.25 cannot compile chan_dahdi as well while the
>> previous versions do. What changed or what am i missing?
>
> There probably isn't magic. If you post the errors you got during the
> compile we'll be more likely to be able to tell you what's going
> wrong.
>
> Specifically the stuff you got when you said you cannot compile
> chan_dahdi.so would be important to post.

Ah, there are no errors as such during compile or atleast I didn't
seem to notice any. However, I do not see chan_dahdi.so in
lib/asterisk/modules/ after asterisk install.

Attached are some info and config.log from asterisk 1.6.1.1..

# /opt/dahditools/sbin/dahdi_hardware
pci:0000:03:04.0     wanpipe-     1923:0040 Sangoma Technologies Corp.
A200/Remora FXO/FXS Analog AFT card

# /opt/dahditools/sbin/dahdi_scan
[1]
active=yes
alarms=UNCONFIGURED
description=wrtdm Board 1
name=WRTDM/0
manufacturer=
devicetype=
location=
basechan=1
totchans=24
irq=0
type=analog
port=1,none
port=2,none
port=3,FXO
port=4,FXO
port=5,none
port=6,none
port=7,none
port=8,none
port=9,none
port=10,none
port=11,none
port=12,none
port=13,none
port=14,none
port=15,none
port=16,none
port=17,none
port=18,none
port=19,none
port=20,none
port=21,none
port=22,none
port=23,none
port=24,none

# cat /proc/dahdi/1
Span 1: WRTDM/0 "wrtdm Board 1" (MASTER)

          1 WRTDM/0/0
          2 WRTDM/0/1
          3 WRTDM/0/2
          4 WRTDM/0/3
          5 WRTDM/0/4
          6 WRTDM/0/5
          7 WRTDM/0/6
          8 WRTDM/0/7
          9 WRTDM/0/8
         10 WRTDM/0/9
         11 WRTDM/0/10
         12 WRTDM/0/11
         13 WRTDM/0/12
         14 WRTDM/0/13
         15 WRTDM/0/14
         16 WRTDM/0/15
         17 WRTDM/0/16
         18 WRTDM/0/17
         19 WRTDM/0/18
         20 WRTDM/0/19
         21 WRTDM/0/20
         22 WRTDM/0/21
         23 WRTDM/0/22
         24 WRTDM/0/23

I does not matter if i pass --with-dahdi to ./configure script or not.

Steve