[asterisk-users] Achoring MEdia

Jay Ray jonty_11 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 21:16:13 CDT 2009

guys...any opinions on the below?

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Jay Ray <jonty_11 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Jay Ray <jonty_11 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [asterisk-users] Achoring MEdia
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Date: Monday, June 8, 2009, 1:43 AM

I have 2 hosts that Asterisk is in between of...and for both I have canreinvite=no - but asterisk still sends re-invite to get out of the media path.

Proxy 1 --> Asterisk--> Proxy 2

I want asterisk to anshor media..

In extenstions.conf I have an entry to send calls for say 5551000 to proxy 2 and if  I suffix that entry with ||t , asterisk does anchor media....

However, it is rejecting the REFER sip method by sending a 6xx message....proxy 2 is trying to send the call back out as a transfer and hence it sends a REFER....how can I make it such that media is anchored as wel as the REFER method is accepted by asterisk....

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----