[asterisk-users] MeetMe: Mute All Lines Automatically?

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 08:18:02 CDT 2009

I'm considering implementing an Asterisk PBX for conferencing. Before I get
started, I wanted to make sure that it supports the features that I need.

I plan to use Asterisk as a conference bridge only. I want people to be able
to use my conference to listen live to lectures/etc, without having to
listen to others in the conference.

I'm using the FreePBX web interface, and I can't find any options anywhere.
Having the user mute their own line is not going to work, mosty because they
*won't* do it.

Also, I've used a lot of commercial web-based conferencing services. They
all have lots of great features in the web interface, like a list of current
participants, muting/unmuting specific lines, manual recording, dropping
certain callers, etc. Assuming that Asterisk is capable of all this, is
there any web-based GUI available to control meetme?

Thanks!

--
Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper at gmail.com