[asterisk-users] Attended transfer and dialplan

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Mon Jun 8 00:52:01 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:

> 2009/5/29 Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com>
>
>>  I’m pretty sure that attended transfer is a “features” function, not a
>> dialplan one.
>>

> Yes, you're right but do you think there's such a big difference between
> both that it shouldn't be easy or even possible to add support of attended
> transfer in dialplan ?
>
> What I have in my mind is this :
>
> Today, Dial application M or U options allows macro execution when caller
> and callee are connected.
> What if this same macro could be also launched during some later events
> (like attended transfer) ?
> With features.conf, you could then specify :
> - how lo launch an attended transfer (which key to type as today),
> - if a given "feature" (attended transfer, parking, ...) should be
> supported by Dial macro option (for compatibilty, default could be set to
> none)
>
> and with extension.conf, you could specify :
> - which specific treatment (sending UserEvents, launching an external
> program, ...) to apply
>
> In this puzzle, if Asterisk could support a few more standard variables
> like ATTENDED_TRANSFERER ATTENDED_TRANSFER_TARGET, you would everything to
> define and run attended transfers specific logic :
>
> exten => 123,1,Dial(SIP/123,M(mymacro^arg1^arg2))     ; mymacro is launched
> upon connection and specified (in features.conf) events
>
> [macro-mymacro]
> GotoIf("x${ATTENDED_TRANSFERER}", ....
>
> What about that ?

Olivier--

This is actually not a bad idea.Why single out just the Attended xfer? Why
would you treat
attended xfers differently than blind xfers? Just curious.

Also, calling just one macro for all features seems a bit restricted. Why
not allow the features.conf
to specify which macro/gosub to call, for each feature?  Dial is already
overloaded with options,
anything that could be offloaded would probably be desirable. Plus, calls
that were not initiated by
a dialplan "Dial()" invocation might not be able to provide that option.

Another question: what do you need this functionality to *do*? It could be
that there is an already
existing functionality that you could exploit to get the same results?

murf

>> On my system I do *2 and asterisk says transfer, then I punch in the new
>> extension.

>> *Subject:* [asterisk-users] Attended transfer and dialplan
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> How can you add specific statements into Asterisk dialplan (extension.ael,
>> ...) for attented transfers ?
>>
>> I can see Asterisk sending Transfer or Masquerade events through AMI (in
>> 1.6.1) but I could use an external program to catch those events but I would
>> prefer to use dialplan instead.
>>
>> Any idea ?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> --