[asterisk-users] Phones dropping registration, but asterisk thinks phones are still registered

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:08:42 CDT 2009

Hi,
I have a serious problem with Asterisk 1.4.18.
Every so often, usually after Asterisk has been running for a few days
consistently, phones start dropping registrations.
However, when this happens, doing a "sip show peer" on those
extensions shows them as "OK".
Therefore, I have no way to tell this problem is happening until
customers start calling.
The only way to fix it is to completely restart Asterisk.

Has anyone experienced this? This is a serious problem.
I've poured over the logs while and after this happens and there is
nothing in the logs that would suggest there is a problem.

This is a production server, so I can't just "upgrade Asterisk to the
latest 1.4 version".

Thanks.

-- James