[asterisk-users] Question about core CDR system for multilpe servers

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Thu Jun 4 11:00:41 CDT 2009

Gustavo A Gonzalez escribió:
> Hi all! I’m not sure if it is the correct place but, I’ve five boxes running
> asterisk and each one with his own cdr mysql database. What Im looking for
> is to get a core CDR system that holds information stored on each asterisk
> server. Have you any suggestion/process to accomplish that?. Thanks!!!
>
> Gustavo A. González

Well, this sounds fairly simple. Can you do it by configuring each
asterisk server (cdr_mysql.conf) to connect to the same MySQL core
database server. Inside it, you can have each server CDR in a separate
database, or in a single database for all of them using different table
names. How to configure it, depends on performance inside the MySQL
server, and how do you want to store the information. Maybe is not a
good idea to have all the CDRs on the same database if the tables are
going to be too big. But having all of them in a single database server,
shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina