[asterisk-users] Asterisk eventually fails when connection dies

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Jun 4 10:46:26 CDT 2009

>Sure.  I might name it something like "dhcp127" though.

That makes sense :)

>This must be your dialplan.  Can you post it?

You are right, never trust users :) They had erased it or something,
it actually wasn't there. So it does go straight to vm as it should.
My bad...

>Close.  The packets won't be leaving from the loopback address.  Just
>something like:
>
>tcpdump port 53

Heh, I didn't think this one through at all. The server is multihomed,
one external nic and one internal nic. The external nic is connected
directly to a cable modem with iptables rules.

When the connection drops, the WAN interface loses its IP and therefore
there is no default gateway, I tried to nslookup/dig some variations but
no traffic was ever initiated outwardly (I clued on to the loopback problem
quickly).

I guess I couldn't see what it was trying to resolve, but I will make the
changes above and test again in the meantime!

Thanks a ton!
jlc