[asterisk-users] Digium Fax Driver

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jun 4 08:04:18 CDT 2009

Elliot Murdock wrote:

> I have a 64 bit Asterisk system and am wondering how to use Digium's 32
> bit fax driver.  Is there some kind of emulation that can be used?

Unfortunately the only option for you is to build your entire Asterisk
system (core and all modules) as 32-bit modules to be able to use Fax
For Asterisk. The rest of the system (kernel and userspace) can still be
64-bit, but Asterisk has to be 32-bit. We're working on getting the
64-bit version of FFA released, which will solve this problem for you,
but it will be at least a month before that happens, possibly two
depending on how testing goes.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com