[asterisk-users] IP phone recommendation

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 3 06:58:05 CDT 2009

Alex Samad wrote:
> I have been looking at a snom 300, which seems okay. the display goes a
> bit haywire occasionally - not sure why yet.
>
> Are the 320 worth the extra money ?

IMO yes, though it really depends on what you want from the phone.

The Snom 320s handle transfers considerably better than the 300s and all
round are a little easier to work with and use.  The 12 programmable
keys that can be used for lines, BLF indication, speed dials as well as
other things are a big plus.  They are easy to configure - and unlike
many other makes of phone do /not/ reboot on the drop of a hat.

The only real problem I have with the Snom 320 is the display - the
display is a bit too small and /isn't/ backlit. considerably better than
the 300s.  Having said that, the display on the 320s are still much
better than those of the 300s.