[asterisk-users] Realtime LDAP passwords

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:43:32 CDT 2009

2009/6/2 John A. Sullivan III <jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com>:
> <grin> OpenLDAP isn't an option. And thanks very much for all the
> hands on.  I am planning that the users ultimately interface SIP to
> Kamailio and use Asterisk for the call tree, voice mail, conference,
> etc.  I was assuming they would need to authenticate to Asterisk as well
> as Kamailio but I suppose it may be more a matter of Asterisk trusting
> Kamailio rather than the individual users.  I would also assume voice
> mail passwords will be very different from user passwords as they should
> be designed to be entered from a phone keypad rather than a keyboard (I
> told you I'm a real Asterisk newbie!).  I guess I'll find out as I start
> to set it up.

OK, depends how you set it up. You might not authenticate at all like
some ITSPs do (based on IP). Is this for your company?

 I committed a patch for voicemail passwords in the Asterisk LDAP
schema last week, so you'll need svn for that:

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15155

> As I want to build it piecemeal and add complexity rather than diving
> into the end product (RTPProxy, Kamailio, Asterisk, FreePBX with
> interaction as described above), any suggestions on whether I should
> build and test Kamailio or Asterisk first? Thanks - John

So, Asterisk and FreePBX? Why both?

This is a mighty big pie to take a bite out of, so it doesn't really
matter. Kamailio is harder is you don't know SIP. Depends, depends,
depends ;-)

What is the overall project goal here? We should have asked that first.

--
http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/
http://www.suretectelecom.com