[asterisk-users] [Atcom] Asterisk + LAMP on 128MB RAM?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Jun 1 07:21:57 CDT 2009

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Vincent wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:40:56 +0100, "Alan Lord (News)"
> <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Check out the Astfin project (http://blog.astfin.org/?page_id=2). I'm
>> guessing they have already done what you need...
>
> Thanks guys. The LAMP is only used to let the user see the call logs,
> so I just need PHP + DBMS (preferably Firebird, but SQLite can do too)
> for small use.

You may save yourself a lot of hassle just storing the CDRs in a plain
text CSV file (which asterisk does for you), then parsing it with PHP
directly. That's trivially easy to do and avoids a whole lot of overheard.
Don't forget to truncate the file every now and then.

Well, it's what I do, anyway in my little embedded systems. Putting an SQL
database in one is probably the last thing I'd do.

And if you can't live without SQL, the SQLite is probably OK, but remember
to do a vacuum operation on the file when you delete records from it to
free up "disk" space.

And remember that billing is approximate on analogue systems - asterisk
considers the call "answered" as soon as the last digit is dialled, so you
will see calls flagged as "answered" and "billable" even when they
weren't.

Gordon